The obelisk at Prague Castle is a granite monolith and World War I memorial designed by Jože Plečnik, installed at Prague Castle in Prague, Czech Republic. It stands 16 meters high. It is located in the Third Castle Courtyard.The obelisk was donated by Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk. It was erected in late 1928 to mark the tenth anniversary of the establishment of the First Czechoslovak Republic. The obelisk was originally to have been much larger, but while it was being transported to its intended location in 1928, it broke in two, and only part could be salvaged.
Eliška Junková (16 November 1900 – 5 January 1994), born Alžběta Pospíšilová and also known as Elisabeth Junek, was a Czechoslovak automobile racer. She is regarded as one of the greatest female drivers in Grand Prix motor racing history, and is the first woman to win a Grand Prix event. Eliška Junková lived from the 1928 until her death in the building of the Swedish Embassy, from where is one of the most beautiful views at the city. The Queen of the steering wheel” reminds until today the memorial plague on the building of the Embassy (Úvoz 13/156, Praha 1 –Hradčany).
Josef Beran (29 December 1888 – 17 May 1969) was a Czech Roman Catholic prelate who served as the Archbishop of Prague from 1946 until his death and was elevated into the cardinalate in 1965. Beran was imprisoned in the Dachau concentration campduring World War II after the Nazis had targeted him for “subversive and dangerous” behavior where he almost died in 1943 due to disease. He was freed in 1945 upon Allied liberation and Pope Pius XII nominated him to head the Prague archdiocese. But the introduction of the communist regime saw him imprisoned and placed under house arrest. His release in 1963 came with the condition that he could not perform his episcopal duties and he was later exiled to Rome in 1965 as part of a coordinated deal between the Church and the national government.
Memorial is dedicated to the Paratroopers of the Czechoslovak Foreign Armed Forces and Their co-workers from the domestic anti-german resistance, fallen in the Second World War 1941 – 1945. The memorial is located at the address: Technická 1902/4, 160 00 Prague 6 – Dejvice, Czech republic. Memorial was unveiled in 1995 and bears the inscription: “The tree of freedom is occasionally poured with blood of katanes and patriots”.
It was installed on the occasion of the eighteenth birthday of Václav Havel, the first President of the Czech Republic. At the initiative of his wife Dagmar Havlová and Jan Burian, director of the National Theater. The artifact, consisting of a red specially illuminated heart was created by academic sculptor Kurt Gebauer. The project was implemented by the National Theater and the Dagmar and Václav Havel Foundation VIZE 97.
Memorial place in Prague at Národní třída, commemorating the events of November 17, 1989. The authors of the work are Otakar Příhoda and Miroslav Krátký. On 17 November 1989, to mark the 50th anniversary of the shutdown of universities by the Nazis, the SSM (the Socialist Youth Movement). Some people decided to head for the centre of Prague. Those at the front of the march, which numbered several thousand people and which continued to grow during its journey, were stopped on Národní třída by a police cordon and were then surrounded by emergency regiments of the SNB (the National Security Corps). In an enclosed area where there was nowhere to escape protesters were brutally beaten by members of the Red Berets.
The Memorial was unveiled ay 11:00 on 24th August 2015 in a small park outside the original Prague Ruzyne airport terminal and today its Terminal 3. The memorial is to commemorate the event when (after more than three months from the end of the war) on August 13, 1945, Czech and Slovak airmen from four Czechoslovak wings of the RAF returned from the United Kingdom to the liberated homeland. (310., 312., 313. fighter and 311. bomber.
There is a mass grave of 187 wounded soldiers ROA (Russian Liberation Army Vlasovci), shot after the end of the war in Prague hospitals by members of the NKVD, at the Olšany cemeteries. In 1995, the historian Stanislav A. Ausky in Příbram had exhumed the remains of the ROA generals Vladimir I Bojarsky and Michail M. Sapovalov and the German liaison officer Karel-Ludwig Ottendorf.