According to the most famous legend, the column on Vyšehrad was carried by the hell himself when he and the local priest set himself to bring Vysehrad from the St. Vitus Cathedral. Petra in Rome pillar before the priest is satisfied with the Mass. The priest, with the help of St. Petra won the bet and the angry devil hit the column on the roof of the church of St. Peter and Paul at Vyšehrad. The roof pillar broke and broke into three pieces. It is also depicted in the Baroque frescoes in the church of St. Peter and Paul. The legend, first published in 1700, was published by Jan F. Hammerschmidt.
Node on house No. 11 called The node located in the Úvoz street near the Mala Strana and Hradčany districts is made of stone. It is located on a building called Vinný domek – there was a press and a bakery of the Strahov Monastery. It is not meant to be loosened, but rather ties. As a symbol of friendship, the sculptor Josef Klimeš created a friend for his family. The Diorite node in Úvoz means the strength and toughness of human relationships. Most passers-by consider him one of the house characters that have been here since ancient times, but a mistake. The knot was excavated only twenty-three years ago in 1977.
(“Faustův dům” in Czech). A baroque palace is called so due to a legend associated with it. The legend is probably based on the historical figure of English alchymist Edward Kelley, friend of John Dee and Queen Elisabeth I who stayed on the court of the Emperor Rudolph II. Nowadays it is used as a faculty hospital of the Charles University.
Prague Meridian was used from 1652. Could be seen right at 12 a.m. as the shadow of the Marian Column on the paving of the Old Town Square. There was no concept of summer and winter time back then. Accurate Prague time (Tempus Pragense) was in reality determined in the Astronomical tower of Clementinum using a chink sun-dial.